The Wireless Infrastructure Association offers training and education opportunities to equip a skilled workforce so they can build and maintain current and future wireless networks. WIA offers in-house learning programs as well as credentialed apprenticeship opportunities in partnership with the telecommunications industry and federal agencies.
The Telecommunications Education Center is a learning portal devoted to improving safety and quality within the telecommunications industry. It was created by the Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) with significant contributions from its members, partners, subject matter experts, and academia.
TEC courses are designed to equip the workforce with the latest technical information about wireless communications and network development. Subject areas include Wireless fundamentals, DAS & Small Cell, In-building, Wireless Safety and 5G outlook. The TEC Course Catalog has a full listing of the current programs offered.
Visit the TEC website to learn more.
The Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP) is a joint venture of telecommunications companies, industry associations including the Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA), and the U.S. Department of Labor (DoL) that develops DoL-credentialed apprenticeship programs available to qualified employers for the training and career development of the telecommunications workforce.
The TIRAP’s mission is to partner with stakeholders to promote safety, enhance quality, and enable education and advancement opportunities in the telecommunications workforce that will meet network infrastructure build out needs.
Visit the TIRAP website to learn more.
- The Skills Gap in Wireless Infrastructure Education: A Strategy for Improvement
- U.S. Department of Labor, WIA and TIRAP Celebrate Apprenticeships, Workforce Development
- WIA CEO Jonathan Adelstein Tells Congress Action Is Needed To Ensure America Benefits from 5G Mobile Networks
- WIA Launches Professional Development Series: “Workforce Wednesdays”
- WIA Launches New Education and Training Program for Wireless Telecommunications Industry